• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Started smoking again after 9 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started smoking again after 9 years

Silly, I know, but a crisis comes along, you get pissed and then all of a sudden you're on a pack a day again.

Wonder how much my BUPA is going to increase?

Look on the bright side. You'll get a much pension annuity rate.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Look on the bright side. You'll get a much pension annuity rate.
      This is true. Apparently, a lot of people don't realise this when they fill in the health questionnaire and continue to put in the same half-truths they use for life assurance.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
        Silly, I know, but a crisis comes along, you get pissed and then all of a sudden you're on a pack a day again.

Wonder how much my BUPA is going to increase?
        Good for you - Welcome back to the club!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

98% of male smokers will not die before the age of 75 from any smoking related illness (<25 cigs @day)
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Which one are you?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

mmm, that's offal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                98% of male smokers will not die before the age of 75 from any smoking related illness (<25 cigs @day)
                where is that from?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  2% hit rate sounds a lot to me. Not that i'm anti-smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    where is that from?

What are the odds that smoking will kill you?

Actually if you look on page 3 it states 16.9 % chance of dying before 75 of smoking <25

If someone can be arsed to read it and interpret the figures please do
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X