• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Human rights and the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human rights and the UK

Reading the news on various new papers. Why is the UK intent on becoming so much like 1930's Germany?

Last week passing a law that ensures the surveillance on individuals is most intense of anywhere in the EU.
    Inflation out of control, massive debts.
    Extradite any UK citizen at the request of a US court without evidence.
    Boris is buying a water cannon.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Reading the news on various new papers. Why is the UK intent on becoming so much like 1930's Germany?

Inflation out of control
    These would be the imaginary papers?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      These would be the imaginary papers?
      You think 20% yoy house prices is a good thing?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant inflation, not the ScooterMadeUp index based on house prices in London.

Comment

You think 20% yoy house prices is a good thing?
          Yep
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Oh, I thought you meant inflation, not the ScooterMadeUp index based on house prices in London.
            But London is the centre of our entire economy.

You think those rates of inflation since 2007 are okay? Food @ 27%. Glad my salary has gone up by the same amount since.

Comment

Deep Fried Scooter is right. I went in to the butchers yesterday to buy a pork chop. I had £350,000 in a rucksack but I was robbed. Guess what they took ?
              yep!! my bike

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

But London is the centre of our entire economy.

You think those rates of inflation since 2007 are okay? Food @ 27%. Glad my salary has gone up by the same amount since.

27% in 7 years? That's 3.5% inflation. Hardly comparable to 1930s Germany is it?

Comment

Monetary inflation has a certain horizon beyond which price inflation will follow. Worth noting.
                  Also worth noting that you'll see inflation in chickens etc much sooner than you will in beef for example.

Also worth noting that if, lets suppose, retailers are absorbing price inflation then that isn't to say that it doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    Also worth noting that you'll see inflation in chickens etc much sooner than you will in beef for example.
                    what is the logic behind that - and where would duck/quail/ squirrel feature in the inflation league
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X