• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Malaysian Airlines 777 Crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Malaysian Airlines 777 Crash

...over Ukraine/Russian border

Possibly shot down.

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUkqs9CQ0w

Clucking bell.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Unlikely. More probable it crashed due to a technical fault. Can't see why the Russians or Ukrainians have any interest in a passenger jet.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You would have expected some kind of mayday call were that the case - not heard of any reports of that.

It was over the area of conflict near Donetsk, and the a Ukrainian minster is saying the rebels have ex-Soviet gear that is capable of shooting down an airliner at that height.

This pupply in fact...

Could get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Unlikely. More probable it crashed due to a technical fault. Can't see why the Russians or Ukrainians have any interest in a passenger jet.
          Pro-Russian separatists have actually claimed responsibility.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Associated press face booking that it was shot down. Using a buk launcher. Another tweet says that similar hardware was seen in east Ukraine earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Oh this is too ******* much.

Comment

WTF was it doing flying over a warzone!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Mmm, nothing on the beeb about that. German press saying it was hit by a missile in a spat between the Ukrainian army and the ProRussian separatists.

Comment

17:15: Interfax news agency quotes the Ukrainian presidential press service as saying that the Ukrainian armed forces were not involved in the Malaysian passenger plane "being brought down".
                    So that only leaves ....

Comment

Working...
                    X