• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lightning Map

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning Map

A good link to kill an hour

Real time lightning strikes

Having issues with the link:
    http://www.lightningmaps.org
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Over by Bristol and the west country at the moment.
    Earlier this evening it was in Kent.

Waiting for it to head over to north Hampshire.

Edit: Oh I like that - when a real-time strike comes through, indicated by a yellow dot with a red surround, it puts a grey circle around it, expanding at the speed of sound (scaled to the map) - the path and timing of the thunder sound.
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 19 July 2014, 00:14.

Comment

Comment

Was at an outdoor thing last night and lightning was really spectacular. Not seen the like before.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Couldn't sleep early sat morn, so I was up at 0330 watching a decent light show over Cheshire. I love watching a good T&L storm.

Tried to take some pics but my efforts were poor (and my camera isn't all that great)

In researching I found that you can get a lightning trigger tool that can detect the flashes, who'd of thunk it?

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Slight rumble over cloggers, was expecting a huge thunderstorm like the UK, but nowt
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X