• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You couldn't make this up: Man with no eyes was driving car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You couldn't make this up: Man with no eyes was driving car

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...342874,00.html

'Omed Aziz, an Iraqi who lost his eyes in a bomb blast in his home country, said that he had been testing his abilities behind the wheel when he was stopped by traffic police in April.',

Milan.

Dangerous driving, max penalties:

IMPRISONMENT: 2 years
    FINE: Unlimited
    DISQUALIFICATION: Obligatory

Source: http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/28.htm

They will probably not imprison him.

-------------

While on topic - one of the thing that really cracks me up is BBC TV tax discount for the blind users not being 100%...

Comment

While on topic - one of the thing that really cracks me up is BBC TV tax discount for the blind users not being 100%...[/QUOTE]

How do you think BBC radio is payed for

Great story though, you couldn't make this one up

Comment

Discount for the blind is just 50%: breakdown of BBC monthly license costs are below -

* Television (eight network channels) (£6.04)
        * Nations and English regions
        television and local radio (£1.72)
        * BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 4 and Five Live
        (ten analogue and digital stations) (£1.12)

* Transmission and collection costs (£1.08)
        * New media (36p)
        * BBC jam (14p)
        * Interactive TV (BBCi) (8p)

It is abhorrent to charge blind folk any money for a TV license.

BBC is good thing, but it should be funded from general taxation rather than using such fascist methods like they do - the only comparable threatening letter that I have seen was from Russian Tax Inspection, and this says something.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          It is abhorrent to charge blind folk any money for a TV license.
          Totally disagree. Why have a TV if they are blind. Yes, they can listen to the programmes, but then pay for the TV licence. Otherwise, just listen to the wireless.
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
            Totally disagree.
            If or when you get blind, you will see it differently.

Comment

"How do you think BBC radio is payed for"

Do you need a license to listen to the radio?

Do you need one to listen to the digital radio channels on the tellly.

My son is totally blind and uses the telly a bit to listen to BBC7. Although many channels do carry audio description, it doesn't interest him much. He actually gets more enjoyment from the internet than anything the BBC tax pays for
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

That's an idea, braille TV. Like those novelty things with all the little pins that show a relief shape of what you press them against. You make a screen with a much larger version, each pin is attached to a solenoid powered according to the brightness of the screen pixel at that point. Hey presto, blind people could feel Diehard 3.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Have you seen the price of a braille printer. Wanted to get the sprog one but they are hugely expensive - for something which is just a heavy duty dot matrix printer.

Cr@p Braille Printer only $1,895.00
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    If or when you get blind, you will see it differently.
                    Nice one!
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X