• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peace in our time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace in our time?

From telegraph website :-

Russian President Vladimir Putin has one last chance to show he is serious about helping rescuers recover the bodies of the victims of the crash of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, the Dutch prime minister said on Saturday.

Didn't Chamberlain say something similar to Hitler just before he invaded Poland?

All these accusations & mistrust is bound to stir up hatred between different countries / peoples. Where's AtW when you need him, I want to punch the little Russian.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      All these accusations & mistrust is bound to stir up hatred between different countries / peoples. Where's AtW when you need him, I want to punch the little Russian.
      Hes at your local DFS store.

Comment

UN Peacekeepers to eastern Ukraine.

International observers to oversee referendum.

Let the people who live there decide if they want to be Russian or Ukrainian

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Didn't Chamberlain say something similar?
          He said 'peace for our time' iirc. He's been misquoted ever since.

Comment

No doubt the Chinese are already preparing sanctions against Russia.

BBC News - Russia signs 30-year gas deal with China

Comment

Still I struggle to believe Russia were that stupid, rebel action or not. Reading about the views of ordinary Muscovites, there's a sense of disbelief, like everywhere else.

Peace in our time? Well availability of weapons might be the first step. The majority of the world's weapons are manufactured in the UK & the US. Don't expect peace anytime soon voter.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Reading about the views of ordinary Muscovites, there's a sense of disbelief, like everywhere else.
                Very true. But they are led by a madman. No-one will take him on - so he can do what he wants. And the Chinese will support him.

Comment

Bomb the basturts.

Not sure who but cruise missile their arses anyway.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Bomb the basturts.

Not sure who but cruise missile their arses anyway.
                    Cliphead's account has been take over by dubya....

Comment

Working...
                    X