• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anything to masters of the universe will not make money out of?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything to masters of the universe will not make money out of?

Commodities: Water should be traded on financial markets to avoid global crisis - Telegraph

So then the rich will get the water and the poor suffer.

Perhaps they should charge for breathing air too?

I know how to make water go further. Kill all the traders. And politicians too.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Commodities: Water should be traded on financial markets to avoid global crisis - Telegraph

So then the rich will get the water and the poor suffer.

I know how to make water go further. Kill all the traders. And politicians too.
    Just to get away from the emotional hyperbole (which is understandable) The water needs to be supplied, cleaned etc. We can have all the rights we want as long as someone has responsibility for delivering those rights. The discussion should be about how best to ensure water supply is maintained for all of us. If it proves to be that letting bankers and traders do it then so be it.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

yes but not all water which is drinkable goes through that process - get up near a glacier and get some meltwater and that will be fine to drink......

all that will happen is a land grab similar to the one which is being done for oil.

The outcome will be the same - war and the poor and needy dying of thirst.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        yes but not all water which is drinkable goes through that process - get up near a glacier and get some meltwater and that will be fine to drink......

all that will happen is a land grab similar to the one which is being done for oil.

The outcome will be the same - war and the poor and needy dying of thirst.
        Not necessarily. Oil is different from water and the system of getting it to the people who need it works pretty well.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They do.....

Venezuela's Breathtaking Air Tax - Bloomberg View

Comment

I came to see a really tacky He-Man lunch box, or perhaps some Ram-Man boxer shorts.

I am dissapoint.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              If it proves to be that letting bankers and traders do it then so be it.
              Just as long as you are supplying the guys who design the sytems no doubt.

Is the anything agents will not make money out of?

I would start a new thread - but no sure if its a bannable offence or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                If it proves to be that letting bankers and traders do it then so be it.
                Given that they fooked up the world economy I would not trust them to run a bath thanks.

Comment

Just as long as you are supplying the guys who design the sytems no doubt.

Is the anything agents will not make money out of?

I would start a new thread - but no sure if its a bannable offence or not.
                  If I am supplying the contractors then what does it say about them?

Comment

Meanwhile, in India....

Armed bandits demand water in dry northern India - New York News

Comment

Working...
                    X