• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are all the decent C++ contracts roles gone??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the decent C++ contracts roles gone??

Hi all,

Is it me or is it this time of the year, I can't seem to find a decent C++ contract role?
    It looks like that C++ contract roles are becoming more scarce every year that passes. There are some but they require a speciality (e.g. C++ MUREX). On the other hand I can see lots of C# and Java contract roles available now.

Please advise.

Regards

+ So what you all saying is to leave C++ all together and all the effort gone into C++11 is for nothing?
    Why did they even bother with C++11/12/13 ... etc upgarde of the C++ language?
    Last edited by abbash; 22 July 2014, 11:12. Reason: Extra information

Originally posted by abbash View Post
    Hi all,

Is it me or is it this time of the year, I can't seem to find a decent C++ contract role?
    It looks like that C++ contract roles are becoming more scarce every year that passes. There are some but they require a speciality (e.g. C++ MUREX). On the other hand I can see lots of C# and Java contract roles available now.

Please advise.

Regards
    I advise you to learn C#, Java or a specialty like MUREX.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Hi all,

Please advise.

Regards
      Churchill has "bobbed" them all
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Hi all,

Please advise.

Regards

We managed to kill it finally. It was a bit of a pain in the ass with pointers and what not and memory stuff going on. Just made it difficult to build anything with that. C# is the new C++, its groovy.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Looks to me you have highlighted the reasons why and answered what you need to do about it all in one post.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I advise you to learn C#, Java or a specialty like MUREX.
            C# is very hard unless you tune a half step up or use a capo or barre it.

Comment

Go will replace C/C++ for lower level stuff, C#,Java, Python for everything else.

Comment

Do you understand the industry/sector that you're working in? I would never make the leap than a language increment has much at all to do with the market for that technology.

Comment

Hi all,

Please advise.

Regards

+ So what you all saying is to leave C++ all together and all the effort gone into C++11 is for nothing?
                  Why not reskill in a proper mans language like C#?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Why not reskill in a proper mans language like C#?
                    Did you ever find a good way to remotely debug a Windows Service? I wrote one of the first time the other day - they're a bit of an arse, aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                    X