• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OneNote online and Windows Phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OneNote online and Windows Phone

I've just started using this on my phone. I thought I'd try to use it on my laptop since these things are all synced, and immediately ran into massive problems, in that I cannot work out what the hell is going on, or how it's supposed to work...

- I can create notes on my phone but they all show up under "unfiled notes". Seemingly there is no way to "file" them, whatever that means.

- When I go to the OneNote online site, all I can see is "Personal (Web)" under Notebooks. If I click on this I just get some "welcome to OneNote crap" - none of my lists are visible.

- Every single menu item online seems to take me back to onedrive or ask me if I want to open the OneNote desktop application.

- I created a test note online and it appeared on my phone. But I can't find it online again

I've heard people raving about OneNote but to me it just seems an utter pile of tulip. I work with software for a job every day FFS and I can't even find how to find my content?! Why doesn't this crap just work?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Even better. I deleted the "Personal (Web)" notebook online and now all my local notes on my phone have disappeared.

And my phone no longer has an "unfiled notes" section, only "Quick Notes". And the "Sync" option has apparently disappeared from the menu entirely.

Online I now have "My Notebook" but I'm damned if I can see any content inside it, after creating a new note on my phone.

Comment

This page (Using OneNote Mobile on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)) says:

If you have a Microsoft account set up on your phone, your changes will be saved in your default notebook on OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive). If there isn't a default notebook on OneDrive, a new notebook named My Notebook will be created and your notes will be saved there. To learn more, see Synchronising documents with OneDrive.

If you don't have a Microsoft account set up on your phone, your changes will be saved on your phone in the Quick Notes section.
      But I do. It was the first thing I did - I used the account just this morning to buy and download music from the XBox store on my phone.

Comment

Working...
      X