• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commonwealth Games, whats the point?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commonwealth Games, whats the point?

Am I the only one who thinks that a sporting event whose participants are chosen by virtue of the fact that the UK once invaded their country is a waste of time. Seriously it ain't the Olympics,euros or world cup. Still it will keep the Jocks happy until they (hopefully) p!ss off in a couple of months.

I agree but KUATB

Comment

Poor mans Olympics, and I live in Glasgow. Can't wait till its over. Luckly going on holiday for the majority of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks that a sporting event whose participants are chosen by virtue of the fact that the UK once invaded their country is a waste of time. Seriously it ain't the Olympics,euros or world cup. Still it will keep the Jocks happy until they (hopefully) p!ss off in a couple of months.
        It's to annoy alll the miseryguts that didn't get enough to whine about during the Olympics and still don't understand how to operate a TV remote control.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
          I agree but KUATB
          Thank heaven for Sky+ I have a backlog of stuff I need to watch and no doubt the Beebs blanket coverage of this waste of time means I will finally be able to!

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            Poor mans Olympics, and I live in Glasgow. Can't wait till its over. Luckly going on holiday for the majority of it.
            How's the goat?
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I was going to answer the 'what's the point?' question by pointing to the games mission, but rather amusingly.....

http://www.glasgow2014.com/about-us/...ion-and-values

Comment

Mate of mine is umpiring the badminton, so will be looking out for him on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Mate of mine is umpiring the badminton, so will be looking out for him on the box.
                  How the hell do you end up as a Badminton umpire? Can't be for the money so one can only assume its because of the chicks

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                    How the hell do you end up as a Badminton umpire? Can't be for the money so one can only assume its because of the chicks
                    He's retired

Comment

Working...
                    X