• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Another New Lie IT system goes tits up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - Another New Lie IT system goes tits up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5315280.stm

A new computer system used to process benefits payments has been scrapped at a cost to the taxpayer of £141m, the BBC has learned.
    The IT project, key to streamlining payments by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), was quietly axed at an internal meeting last month.

The project had been central to delivering savings of more than £60m for the DWP by 2008.

It is the latest in a long series of computer problems for the government.

blah blah

It has now "refocused" on developing a new system for a single benefit, the planned employment support allowance.

Double Oh Dear

Consultants involved?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Consultants involved?

EDS I belive...
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
        EDS I belive...
        Therefore the first priority of HMG will be to find them another project to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          EDS I belive...
          If it's a guess, it's almost certainly a good one...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hmmm, I believe I might have worked on this recently and know some of the decisions why...(this is why I've been up i Newcastle a lot recently. Us offshore based consultancies )
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

another labour peerage offered for IT contracts ?

Comment

Was EDS also involved in Cross Rail?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                X