• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better anywhere else

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better anywhere else

Topic for discussion

A lot of people moan about taxation here , including me.

Is it really better anywhere else in Europe or do you get shafted just as badly everywhere?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Why pick europe ? why not the world ?

Wait for all the do gooders to come on professing how its so good here and everywhere else is just the same if not worse.

ps they're the people that have only ever gone abroad, if at all, to a hotel and beach for two weeks.

Comment

I hear Hong Kong taxation is good.

Comment

My sister in law moved to good old USA. She has some swanky permie job, get paid every 2 weeks and has to pay 7.5% tax on her earnings, and no NI just medical insurance instead.

After paying TAX, Medical insurance and rent she ends up with $2000 a month to do what she wants with ($3300~ a month before deductions). Now can you imagine having roughly 70% of your pay left over to spend as you wish after paying tax/NI and mortgage/rent in this country??

Imagine what you could be earning as a contractor out there......

Comment

and cue idiots................

Comment

$2000 disposable is feck all

how much is her private medical insurance ?

Milan.

Comment

Forget about taxation (direct and stealth).

Look at what people have as a disposable (ie. for nights out, nice cars, fancy holidays etc) income and the general lifstyle.

Do they spend all their time stuck at home or traffic jams worrying about interest rates, mortgages, council tax rises or are they in a country where they just relax and enjoy themselves?

Why is everyone going to NZ and Australia?

I have a friend of mine relocated to Redmond and he can't believe the lifestyle out there?

Comment

Bang on cue !

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  $2000 disposable is feck all

how much is her private medical insurance ?

Milan.
                  Milan, the $2K is disposable ie just for enjoying, that's AFTER all the tax and bills are paid. FFS keep up

Comment

yeah keep up and 2k goes a lot futher there than it would here!

Comment

Working...
                    X