• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For Suity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Suity

BBC News - Tables for one - the rise of solo dining

Not too long ago solo dining was synonymous with a greasy takeaway scoffed down in the car, or room service consumed in the sterile anonymity of your hotel room.

This was preferable to the thought of dining alone in a proper restaurant, and the associated stigma of being seen as a "friendless loser".

Some of that sense of unease surrounding booking a table for one no doubt dates back to our childhoods, when sitting alone in the high school cafeteria was paramount to social suicide.

Yet today, a growing number of us live alone - including one out of every seven adults in the US - so the stigma surrounding solo dining has started to dissipate, says Aaron Allen, a Florida-based global restaurant consultant.

for goodness sake will someone meet Suity and buy him a plate of scouse?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    BBC News - Tables for one - the rise of solo dining

for goodness sake will someone meet Suity and buy him a plate of scouse?
    I met him and bought him a burger and chips. I've done my duty.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I met him and bought him a burger and chips. I've done my duty.
      What did you put in his chips?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        What did you put in his chips?
        He smeared his own mayonnaise on them, then he asked if they had brown sauce but he had to make do with ketchup.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
        X