• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Victim blaming, or sensible advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victim blaming, or sensible advice

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...victim-blaming

(Someone has to fill the void that Brillo has left)

If 1 in 3 rape victims has been drinking, then 2 in 3 haven't.

Ergo: You're more likely to be raped if you're sober.

most pedestrians killed in road accidents are drunk.

a fact always downplayed when the public sector anti car nutters rant on about how everything is always the drivers fault.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...victim-blaming

(Someone has to fill the void that Brillo has left)

If 1 in 3 rape victims has been drinking, then 2 in 3 haven't.

Ergo: You're more likely to be raped if you're sober.
      ergo, women should drink a lot more to avoid being raped
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

or do those that are raped while drunk tend to report it less?

There seem to be many types of rape and we aren't analysing why or how then attacking each cause.

Just as mentioned many pedestrian deaths / injuries are caused by drunk idiots walking into the road but we don't dare prosecute or restrict them because that would give car drivers an 'excuse'.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          or do those that are raped while drunk tend to report it less?

There seem to be many types of rape and we aren't analysing why or how then attacking each cause.

Just as mentioned many pedestrian deaths / injuries are caused by drunk idiots walking into the road but we don't dare prosecute or restrict them because that would give car drivers an 'excuse'.
          that doesn't mean that drunk idiots veering into the path of rapists are to blame. A motorist hitting a drunk pedestrian has almost certainly done so without meaning to. The same can't be said of a rapist.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            that doesn't mean that drunk idiots veering into the path of rapists are to blame. A motorist hitting a drunk pedestrian has almost certainly done so without meaning to. The same can't be said of a rapist.
            lions will hunt the sick , lame or diseased.

rapists will go for the easy target.

its a womans right to drink and make herself an easy target.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

I didn't read the whole thing, but as far as i'm concerned, drunken consent is still consent. Beer doesn't make me do things that I don't want to do, and I don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

Obviously if it's against a persons will, then it's rape no matter what.

If it's victim blaming though, then so is suggesting that people lock their front doors to prevent their houses being robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                lions will hunt the sick , lame or diseased.

rapists will go for the easy target.

its a womans right to drink and make herself an easy target.
                You seem to be presuming that all rapists are strangers.

Most women know their rapist so should feel safe drinking around them because they aren't the type of man who takes advantage.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  I didn't read the whole thing, but as far as i'm concerned, drunken consent is still consent. Beer doesn't make me do things that I don't want to do, and I don't believe anyone who says otherwise.
                  That's because you and I aren't the type of people to get so drunk we are paralytic.

I've seen some people do crazy things when they are completely drunk and they have no memory of what they did the next day.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You seem to be presuming that all rapists are strangers.

Most women know their rapist so should feel safe drinking around them because they aren't the type of man who takes advantage.
                    I am presuming nothing.

you are presuming that predators are strangers to their prey. They are not
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X