• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1,500 ppm threshold breached

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1,500 ppm threshold breached

It’s a terrible shame. There was a time when I hoped we would be able to reverse this trend and return our understanding of the consequences of our actions to normal levels,” she continued. “But frankly, it appears to be far too late now
    Full Story.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

1500 pages per minute? That's fast

Comment

I think this was going to be a really interesting article on printers and photocopiers

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Pull Per Minute?

It will come off at that rate!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I think this was going to be a really interesting article on printers and photocopiers

Or scanners. Is it true, or an urban myth, that TWAIN stands for 'Technology Without An Interesting Name'
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            Or scanners. Is it true, or an urban myth, that TWAIN stands for 'Technology Without An Interesting Name'
            True as far as I'm aware. I also like the originals of DOS (Disk Operating System), originally QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System)!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              True as far as I'm aware. I also like the originals of DOS (Disk Operating System), originally QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System)!
              Although most people think of DOS as a PC OS, it was originally a mainframe OS and is now known as vVSE: DOS/360 and successors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Same with VM, most people think of Java VM or VMWare but the original was also a mainframe operating system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VM_(operating_system)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                I thought it was joke name so they could have twain drivers.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I thought it was joke name so they could have twain drivers.
                  According to Wikipedia:

The word TWAIN is not officially an acronym, but it is a backronym. The official website notes that "the word TWAIN is from Kipling's The Ballad of East and West — '...and never the twain shall meet...' — reflecting the difficulty, at the time, of connecting scanners and personal computers. It was up-cased to TWAIN to make it more distinctive. This led people to believe it was an acronym, and then to a contest to come up with an expansion. None was selected, but the entry Technology Without an Interesting Name continues to haunt the standard.

Comment

Working...
                  X