• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is £700 for an off-the-peg suit a lot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just accidentally bought one for £700 (I thought it was £400 - including adjustments, but it turned out to not be the same one I thought i was buying).
    £700 for off-the-peg sounds ridiculous?! it is nice though.

Off the peg?

I thought thought this was a contractor's forum.

Comment

No it isn't - about right for a Paul Smith off the peg (sales - they can cost more..)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Tom Ford FTW!

Comment

I'd call £70 a lot for a suit. At my age I only wear them at funerals.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            Hopefully, you got a lot of suit for the money....

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I'd call £70 a lot for a suit. At my age I only wear them at funerals.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Is this a question for Suity to answer?

Comment

I'll have to wait until I pick it up in a couple of weeks, and then compare it with one of my really cheap ones. I think it looks really nice, but hopefully that's due to more than the colour.
                  I know it's not a hugely expensive suit, but I'd planned to buy a few of them.

Comment

About average for what I pay for an off the peg suit but that includes alterations made within a couple of hours so not quite take it off the rail and hit the checkout.

I've had bespoke suits and shirts made and been happy with the results and actually paid less but prefer an altered off the peg good quality suit.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X