• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please don't use big words

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't use big words

Pie-charts? Are they something to do with cooking?

That's so sad

Comment

This must be a wind up
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        This must be a wind up
        revolving movement intended to store mechanical energy in a flat spiral torsion spring.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

maybe she is just trying to say she is bored of coporate BS speak which says nothing but uses a lot of long interesting words.

maybe if they just spoke plain english everyone would see what the problems was.....

Comment

I think she has a point.

When people are talking about the economy or politics, all I hear is "la la la".

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I think she has a point.

When people are talking about the economy or politics, all I hear is "la la la".
              Would it help to think about it in terms of a huge ironing pile?

The clothes are the populace, you're the ironer. The iron is the budget.
              You have to prioritise how you treat your populace - kids school stuff for tomorrow over weekend going out clothes.
              The washing machine is making more ironing for you - problems such like immigration, increased life expectancy, expensive new drugs
              If you had a better iron you could do more, faster but the previous government left you with a £15 Argos special
              Finding bird tulip on the 2nd sleeve of a shirt you've ironed the rest of - that would be a ministerial sex scandal.

Now, trot off back to your kitchen and make sure dinner doesn't burn.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Would it help to think about it in terms of a huge ironing pile?

The clothes are the populace, you're the ironer. The iron is the budget.
                You have to prioritise how you treat your populace - kids school stuff for tomorrow over weekend going out clothes.
                The washing machine is making more ironing for you - problems such like immigration, increased life expectancy, expensive new drugs
                If you had a better iron you could do more, faster but the previous government left you with a £15 Argos special
                Finding bird tulip on the 2nd sleeve of a shirt you've ironed the rest of - that would be a ministerial sex scandal.

Now, trot off back to your kitchen and make sure dinner doesn't burn.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I think she has a point.

That's because it's all made up.

Local politics is interesting - cos people have freuds about nothing plus councillors may do interesting things like punch someone, swear at someone, insult someone, write rude remarks on twitter, be arrested for embezzlement, be arrested for benefit fraud, be arrested and end up in jail for being a paedo......

Though I think all the councillors I have now are boring and safe.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

She makes more sense than Sarah Palin ever did.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X