• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob Agencies - just reminded myself how useless they are

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Agencies - just reminded myself how useless they are

Just had a call about a role in Norway, they couldn't tell me anything about the role other than the client was WiPro and that they needed a start date and a minimum rate.

Where in Norway, as it's a big country - they didn't know
    Any potential for flexible / remote working - they didn't know
    The actual end client - unknown
    What the role looked like day to day - couldn't tell me
    Rate - circa £400/day

This is for a role that would often get £600-£700 in London before Norway's tax situation, travel costs and general expensive living is taken into account.

Has anyone ever actually taken a role from Bullhorn Reach, Damco, Silverlink or one of the other many seemingly clueless bunch? Am I being unfair?

I tried to explain I was keen on a role more focussed on what I have spent much of last decade doing (Citrix & VMware architecture, design, implementation) rather than the slightly too fluffy stuff I'm doing at the moment (more EA/strategy) and that I could be flexible on rate accordingly, especially if the client could be flexible on location, hours and so on. If everything had stacked up I might even have considered the abysmal rate had the opportunity proved interesting. It was however like speaking to somebody who couldn't understand plain English. Oh.

Aaargh...

How do you know it would normally get £600-700 if they wouldn't tell you anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      How do you know it would normally get £600-700 if they wouldn't tell you anything about it?
      Fair point... I guess why would I expect the brief role title and description to be remotely accurate!

Comment

Here's a guess.

It's probably in Oslo or Stavanger.

It's oil&gas related.

And you'll be needing a lot more than £400 per day to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
        X