• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short term contract - living arrangements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short term contract - living arrangements

Hi all,

I am about to start a 4 month contract (my first in fact), it's under the standard 6 month contract most rental places want but long enough that short term accommodation adds up fast. Does anyone have some tips of the type of place/setup I should be looking for? Thanks!

Originally posted by kensai187 View Post
    Hi all,

I am about to start a 4 month contract (my first in fact), it's under the standard 6 month contract most rental places want but long enough that short term accommodation adds up fast. Does anyone have some tips of the type of place/setup I should be looking for? Thanks!
    B&B, room share or cheap hotel.

Comment

Spareroom.com has always served me well for this sort of thing.

I'm going to be looking myself soon, but in an area totally unfamiliar to me (Cardiff of all places) so I'll hotel it for the 1st week or two and ask people that know the city where to target and avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

I'm going to be looking myself soon, but in an area totally unfamiliar to me (Cardiff of all places) so I'll hotel it for the 1st week or two and ask people that know the city where to target and avoid.
        Try Cardiff docks and swing a handbag.

Worked for me (and Suity)....

Comment

You took mudskipper's job of the day?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            You took mudskipper's job of the day?
            Oh damn looks like I've been stitched up by the pimp, I didn't realise the rate on offer was that high!!!

Comment

WHS - Another site for weekday lodgings is mondaytofriday.com

I was contracting in Cardiff for several months about five years ago, and rented a top floor flat in Pontcanna, one of the nicest areas.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Might have be worth working this out BEFORE accepting the gig. You are going to look a right nana if you can't get anywhere cheap and spend half your day rate on digs.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

airbnb or gumtree perhaps?

Comment

Spareroom had served me well, when away from home - in fact, I am currently back in the same spareroom I was in whilst on a different gig last year!
                    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X