• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One cv for a permie job, one cv for a contract role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One cv for a permie job, one cv for a contract role

Do normal people who do not necessarily need to fit into a contract or permanent role keep two separated copies of a CV to be sent either for a contract or for a permanent role?

I would guess that the contract CV should be more technically detailed and should not show your career progression while a permie CV give less details and tells a more narrative history of how you progressed from one role to the other role. Obviously, the contract CV should highlight more the technical skills while the permie one should do the same with soft skills and how you liaised with other business departments.

Any ideas? Or you all go for a rational unified CV?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

very bad idea ! keep one CV for all

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      Do normal people who do not necessarily need to fit into a contract or permanent role keep two separated copies of a CV to be sent either for a contract or for a permanent role?

I would guess that the contract CV should be more technically detailed and should not show your career progression while a permie CV give less details and tells a more narrative history of how you progressed from one role to the other role. Obviously, the contract CV should highlight more the technical skills while the permie one should do the same with soft skills and how you liaised with other business departments.

Best get back to completing your 360 deg appraisal Francko for your manager.

Comment

Here is a free tip Franko: call your it - "0-359 deg apprisal", this would allow you to be head and shoulders above the other permies because it would make it clear that you see the big picture all around you, rather than just look in one direction.

Comment

Franco ! unleash the cat on them !

Comment

permie question...

...next...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

First, there are no normal people here. Second, yes I am full of ideas. Third, yes I find writing my CV in UML really impresses PMs.

Jabs

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                permie question...

...next...

Sure you never have to send a CV as a contractor,

what a big pile of BS,

...next...
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Francko would you kindly answer my response over here:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav10008-3-10.html

then I'll answer this dip stick question for you.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    Francko would you kindly answer my response over here:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav10008-3-10.html

then I'll answer this dip stick question for you.

Milan.
                    Where is the question?

p.s. you don't answer a response btw.... however, I may I help you?

Comment

Working...
                    X