• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stuck in a boring Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuck in a boring Job

Last edited by ukmercenary; 30 July 2014, 21:59.

Public Sector job?
    Blood in your poo

Comment

How about brushing up on your grammar skills in quiet moments between work?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        Public Sector job?
        haha it's Ex Public Sector but yes it may as well be Public Sector still!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          How about brushing up on your grammar skills in quiet moments between work?
          I'm dyslexic so ill try to brush up on them

Comment

Yes, leave and go contracting, or stay, do a course in something else and then leave and do something you want to do. If you're in your mid 30s and your career hasn't progressed since university then you might be better going into something else or just giving up any ideals and going for the money in contracting. One of our favourite posters died recently; this is your life, you only get one of them and it might be over tomorrow, so take control of it now. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1959011
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yes, leave and go contracting, or stay, do a course in something else and then leave and do something you want to do. If you're in your mid 30s and your career hasn't progressed since university then you might be better going into something else or just giving up any ideals and going for the money in contracting. One of our favourite posters died recently; this is your life, you only get one of them and it might be over tomorrow, so take control of it now. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1959011
              Great advice I was thinking that the other day we are all going to die one day so whats the point being in a job you are bored of. I like the lifestyle it pays for but that's not enough. I'll take a look at the post.

I was watching this Series on 4OD catch up to do with new Royal Marines trainees there was some guy on it who was 31 and had been a pro golfer earning 45k a year and quit his job to try to join the Royal Marines sadly he didn't get through because he has eczema but still credit to him for trying.

Comment

Dull sockie.

Comment

If you have a degree and IT skills you could look at doing foreign aid work, specifically in education; it might sound airy fairy, but remember that a lot of aid workers go on to senior positions at multinationals; they're attractive to business because they have contacts and cultural experience in developing markets. Worked well for my parents and for a guy I know who's run projects for Heineken in southern Africa.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's so boring you had to mention it twice?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...oring-job.html

Comment

Working...
                    X