• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate Agents (*spit*)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate Agents (*spit*)

Anyone moved recently ??

What's the going rate for estate agent (*spit*) selling fees ???

yep ! I believe AtW just blinked....but I could be mistaken !

Comment

Why do you need an estate agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
        yep ! I believe AtW just blinked....but I could be mistaken !
        What a sad feckwit you are. Billy No-mates.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

yeah well at least I dont spend my weekends in PCWorld ! Looooooser !

Comment

SASGURU and Andy, which one of you is the shagger and which one is the shaggee?

Comment

Andrew, you are 42 and still play with that sock puppet. It is time to move out of your Mums and get a life.

By Jesus

Comment

I just paid 1%, they dropped it by a quarter because they reckoned on a quick sale (took 3 weeks all in).Most expensive quote was 1.5% and included virtual tour pics on the agents website.

Comment

On say a £500K house (average contractor house) that's still £5K for a few photos a floorplan and a side of A4.

Surely there's a cheaper way to sell your house these days?

Comment

Some estate agents have adopted a new model in light of the inroads the Internet is making into their business and the wasted efforts in marketing properties which are far too expensive to sell quickly.

It's an idea I had a few years ago, but never pursued because I have no estate agency background. The basic idea is that instead of a commission, you take it back to basics and sell the sellers marketing packages for their property. The best properties sell quickly, so the sellers of the best properties come to you to save money - and the buyers will come to you because you have the best properties for sale - and the sellers will almost certainly have you as sole agent so the other agents don't get a look in. You bill the seller upfront fees per week for different levels of marketing package. They can then see what they are getting. The only downside is that the sellers need to pay up front rather than out the amount on their mortgage - but it's a small downside. The worst properties will cost the sellers a lot to sell, which means they are more likely to reduce the price quicker, thus securing yet more sales.

Anyhow, one estate agency round here has gone that way and been very successful.
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X