• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So just had a call...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just had a call...

From the owner of ClientCo. Doors closed tomorrow come and pick up anything you have in the office, oh and we can't pay you.

Hector closed them down apparently cos of lots of unpaid tax. Oh well, only a month owed
    Me, me, me...

Bugger. Sorry to hear that. Any agents to pester?

Comment

Bugger

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Bugger. Sorry to hear that. Any agents to pester?
        Actually had a call on the way back for a 3 month gig on my doorstep although a bit of a junior role so not fussed about it. The market up here seems to be picking up though.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Here's a thing. Since they didn't have a clue they asked me to register several domain names and hosting which I did and paid for and have not been reimbursed, I presume I own them now? Probably useless but...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            From the owner of ClientCo. Doors closed tomorrow come and pick up anything you have in the office, oh and we can't pay you.

Hector closed them down apparently cos of lots of unpaid tax. Oh well, only a month owed
            At least now you can pass the Business Entity Test
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yeah, rough one. Sorry to hear it.
              Go in tomorrow, collect your possessions to the tune of a month's billing.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                Yeah, rough one. Sorry to hear it.
                Go in tomorrow, collect your possessions to the tune of a month's billing.
                Aye, there's an idea
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Damn.

Are you a PCG+ member? I know it covers for agents going bust, not sure about clients direct?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Aye, there's an idea
                    The administrators will soon be demanding you return any equipment etc of value to them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X