• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index July 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide House Price Index July 2014

Key Points

- UK house prices increased by 0.1% in July which is the slowest pace since April 2013

- Annual house price growth remains in double digits, but slows to 10.6% from 11.8% in June

http://i.emlfiles8.com/cmpdoc/1/1/2/...531C5M,9SVZ7,1

Interesting stuff thanks.

Do other banks or BS produce these results? I seem to remember reading articles where the number they produced could vary quite significantly depending on data capture methods etc.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Interesting stuff thanks.

Do other banks or BS produce these results? I seem to remember reading articles where the number they produced could vary quite significantly depending on data capture methods etc.
      No problems at all.

Halifax do one as well but I do not believe they have released July's one yet.

Here is Junes though:

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/gl...-june-2014.pdf

Comment

Halifax (Now Lloyds) comes out about a week into the next month and it and Nationwide are the ones most commonly quoted, however they only cover properties on which those banks lend mortgages, so there's a certain amount of self-selection - cash transactions are excluded for example.

Rightmove also have one, based on asking price, and the Land Registry and ONS also produce one, all with slightly differing methodologies. Take your pick, on a monthly basis they differ from each other; eg Halifax may go up when Nationwide goes down, but over time the trends in each are v. similar.

Which house price index can you trust? - Telegraph
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
        X