• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer Service is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Service is dead

EE this time.

I went abroad a couple of weeks ago, and added the "International" packing through the handy EE app on my phone. Proper slick. Really nice.

Then when I landed in Holland I couldn't make any calls.

So ventured down to the EE shop today, after all when they sold the handsets they did say to come back if there are any problems.

The girl in the shop was apologetic but said she couldn't help, and we had to call EE.

So I just did. The automated message confirmed International dialing is enabled. OK great, so I'll hold for an operator.

The tard on the phone then tells me they have to take a £50 deposit per phone before they can enable something that was already enabled. We've been a customer for a few months now and pay on time.

I got all huffy and said I wanted it escalated. No point apparently as computer says no.

So I asked for a formal complaint to be raised and for someone in their customer services team to call me back.

They don't do callbacks and don't have a customer service team apparently.

Clearly you're all going to tell me how this is all my fault, suitytales etc, but I'm fookin livid.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I know I'll kick myself when you tell me, but what is EE again?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      A mobile phone and network provider.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        EE this time.

I went abroad a couple of weeks ago, and added the "International" packing through the handy EE app on my phone. Proper slick. Really nice.

So ventured down to the EE shop today, after all when they sold the handsets they did say to come back if there are any problems.

The girl in the shop was apologetic but said she couldn't help, and we had to call EE.

So I just did. The automated message confirmed International dialing is enabled. OK great, so I'll hold for an operator.

The tard on the phone then tells me they have to take a £50 deposit per phone before they can enable something that was already enabled. We've been a customer for a few months now and pay on time.

I got all huffy and said I wanted it escalated. No point apparently as computer says no.

So I asked for a formal complaint to be raised and for someone in their customer services team to call me back.

Clearly you're all going to tell me how this is all my fault, suitytales etc, but I'm fookin livid.
        Of course it was your fault, if you had asked for the 'package' you would have got what you wanted instead of a sheet of bubble wrap.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Everything, Everywhere....colloquially known as NA, Nothing, Anywhere! Collaboration between Orange and T-Mobile.

Comment

EE this time.

You're not being forceful enough. They're laughing at you. Everyone else gets a callback.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You're not being forceful enough. They're laughing at you. Everyone else gets a callback.
            Can you ring em up for me?

Comment

Can you ring em up for me?
              Did you follow the instructions they would have given you, which would be to turn the phone off and an again.

Mr eek had the exact problem in eurodisney, solved by restarting the phone and getting a different roaming network.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Different name, same Orange tulipe. Yup I was with them many many moons ago. And I dropped them like a hot potato. Utter tulipe.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Did you follow the instructions they would have given you, which would be to turn the phone off and an again.

Mr eek had the exact problem in eurodisney, solved by restarting the phone and getting a different roaming network.
                  I most certainly did.

Comment

Did you turn roaming on in your phone options, you'll find it under 'Settings' as many people have it turned off and many phones have it off by default...

Oh yeah, you do have a GSM tri-band phone as well, don't you?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X