• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad Septics on 4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Septics on 4

Kids and Guns.

Giving a 4 year old a 44 magnum "child's rifle".

Stone me.

"If you know how many guns you've got, you haven't got enough".

Thankfully the chap's father advised him to get the little girl a 22LR.

So he got something that didn't look or sound like a 22LR to me.

Didn't realise that miniguns are legal.

Though the ammo costs a bit.

And where would one look for advice on such things?

The home of Elmer Keith and Jeff Cooper.

Guns & Ammo of course.

And what do they recommend?

44 mag?

223/5.56?

Nah.

22LR.

G&A Basics: How to Choose Your Child's First Gun - Guns & Ammo
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 June 2017, 09:44.

Crickett Firearms - My First Rifle - Youth Model 22 Rifles - Proudly Made In The USA

Available in Barbie pink for the little princess in your life.

Comment

That's the rifle that if loaded and cocked, and then dropped on its stock, will fire. Bit of a design flaw really. What surprised me is that having demonstrated this, the parents of the dead kid weren't suing the manufacturers.

I knew kids growing up in the UK who had their own guns. Or at least access. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a kid having a gun or learning how to shoot. It's the inculcation of fear and that somehow "you gotta have guns" or you can't protect yourself.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        That's the rifle that if loaded and cocked, and then dropped on its stock, will fire. Bit of a design flaw really. What surprised me is that having demonstrated this, the parents of the dead kid weren't suing the manufacturers.

I knew kids growing up in the UK who had their own guns. Or at least access. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a kid having a gun or learning how to shoot. It's the inculcation of fear and that somehow "you gotta have guns" or you can't protect yourself.
        Maybe, maybe not.

But with buying your kids guns, comes teaching respect for guns. Keeping in a locked cupboard, only allowing access with parental supervision etc. Making guns look like toys seems to do the opposite.

Comment

"My wife told me to do something with my daughter after gymnastics today, she recommended going for hot chocolate or a donut. I thought, that's not special, plus once you've consumed the item where does that leave you. Instead we bought a pink Crickett from my six year old daughter and wanted to say thanks for making quality affordable firearms for new shooters. The 'girls' option is especially appreciated because as scary as it sounds the color really helped get her excitet about it. Bethany says thanks too! She'll be quite fashionalble at the Sportsman Club tomorrow."

" "I wanted to tell you about my daughter's first gun. For Christmas 05' My oldest kid,6,wanted Santa to bring her, her first real gun. ..."

At that age, I wanted a dolls' house.
          Last edited by mudskipper; 1 August 2014, 06:00.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            At that age, I wanted a dolls' house.
            Yes, but you're (relatively) sane.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Yes, but you're (relatively) sane.
              My dad built me one out of fag packets and sprayed it grey with industrial undercoat he'd 'borrowed' from the docks. Bless him.

Comment

The following year I got a stuffed sock, gaffer taped to a broom stick. It was a hobby horse. I called him Neddy.

Comment

I only caught part of it and from what I saw the gun stuff was pretty well controlled, the pushy dad was well odd.

Comment

why did you call your dad neddy ? is his name ned ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X