• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why not death by firing squad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not death by firing squad?

BBC News - America's 'inexorably' botched executions

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that some states 'botch' them on purpose just to extract the max punishment they can. It is America after all.

Comment

Or use anaesthetic prior to administering whatever lethal dose they've settled on. Can't be that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Or use anaesthetic prior to administering whatever lethal dose they've settled on. Can't be that difficult.
        They do.

HTH.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Give them Ebola in a sealed room?

Seems to be a fair bit of it about.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

What I don't understand is that as euthanasia is legal in several US States, why don't they use whatever they use?
            Or even the stuff that they use to put dogs to sleep.
            Alternatively it would be a good excuse to test new chemical weapons

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              They do.

HTH.
              So whats all the fuss about? You can saw peoples legs off when they're under anaesthetic without them noticing.

Comment

Victim's family grease a few palms to the people involved.

Yeah "botched" read: "Make 'em suffer!"

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  So whats all the fuss about? You can saw peoples legs off when they're under anaesthetic without them noticing.
                  I know, it's a puzzler, my experience of anaesthetists is that they can judge a dose accurately to produce any desired effect from mild analgesia thru to complete coma. You'd think a gradually-increasing dose of intravenous smack would do it. Seems to see off enough junkies/singers/actors in a humane, even pleasurable way.

Didn't Aldous Huxley request LSD to ease his passing ....?
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    What I don't understand is that as euthanasia is legal in several US States, why don't they use whatever they use?
                    Or even the stuff that they use to put dogs to sleep.
                    Alternatively it would be a good excuse to test new chemical weapons
                    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    I know, it's a puzzler, my experience of anaesthetists is that they can judge a dose accurately to produce any desired effect from mild analgesia thru to complete coma. You'd think a gradually-increasing dose of intravenous smack would do it. Seems to see off enough junkies/singers/actors in a humane, even pleasurable way.

Didn't Aldous Huxley request LSD to ease his passing ....?
                    The pharmaceutical companies refuse to sell them the drugs for the purpose of performing executions.

Oh, and LSD was legal when Huxley died, on 22 November 1963 - it wasn't made illegal in the USA until 1966, IIRC. Also, it in no way contributed to his death: there is no known lethal dose of LSD, nor any evidence that it has any notable physiological effects at all, never mind harmful ones. Huxley knew he was on the verge of dying when he requested it. It "eased his passing" by helping him to fully enjoy his last few hours, not by hastening it.
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 1 August 2014, 14:26. Reason: Clarifying that LSD is harmless

Comment

Working...
                    X