• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heres One for You !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres One for You !!!

Had an interview yesterday for a Public sector Information Manager role. The interview lasted twenty five minutes and I was asked four questions / maybe five. Was told that it would take around this long beforehand. So wasn't so surprised, if somewhat slightly perplexed. I was kind of embarrassed in a way at the interviewers (2) lack of interviewing skills / perceived competency. Thought that there was no way that they would offer the role as they hadn't really found out much of any note about me and my suitability...

Agent called and said that the client really liked me and would like to offer me a role. Although not the Information Manager role but for a Information Analyst role. I told the agent that I had just come from another interview and that I would like to wait till the end of the next working day to make a decision. Agent asked what could I do to get you to accept now. I said get me £500 pd. They said that they would go back to the client and ask. Got call at 9am today by the agent who said that the client had said that they could do £460 and that they needed an answer by 10 am today otherwise they would offer to somebody else. In which case I verbally accepted at the rate. The agent asked me 'your not going to tell me at the end of the say that you have decided to go for the other one are you ? I have been in this business for too long'.

Got a call at 2pm from the agent saying that they were really sorry but that the client had revoked the offer. The reason being apparently is that they had offered three positions to three contractors, but that there had been some kind of internal mixup which meant that they hadn't realised / forgot that they had already offered a position to an internal permie. Therefore were revoking the role..

I really hope that the agency aren't pulling a fast one and that they all made it up to place a safe bet..(There were six candidates all out forward by the same agency as far as I am aware). I've got the contact number of the interviewer and so am going to give her a call to check that this story is true.. Wouldn't be that surprised if the agency did screw me over.

What does the board think about this one ?

1) You'll find that the agent won't return your calls and is mysteriously "out of the office".
    2) The client never offered £460 a day, the agent just told you that to stop you taking the other role.

Agencies...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Agents, you can't get a role without them, so you have to put up with their bulltulip. I wonder how many calls ill have to take before an actual role becomes mine, all they seem to want t know is "Who deals with recruitment in your company".

Comment

Working...
      X