• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cyclists become most indignant if you hit them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cyclists become most indignant if you hit them?

Airport car hire firm labels cyclists a 'hazard' - Telegraph

Not true! Like most other people, I enjoy being hit but something with larger weight with no intention of looking where they are going.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Airport car hire firm labels cyclists a 'hazard' - Telegraph

Not true! Like most other people, I enjoy being hit but something with larger weight with no intention of looking where they are going.
    Only got abuse yelled at me once on yesterday's cycle. It seems motorists are actually getting more tolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Only got abuse yelled at me once on yesterday's cycle. It seems motorists are actually getting more tolerant.
      Maths of random events indicates otherwise. You ujust got lucky.

At least you didn't get your arse slapped.

Comment

it seems strange how I have managed to cycle around this country for about 30 years and never once had a problem with motorists.

mind you I take the view that they are bigger than me and likely to kill me if we tangle so maybe I take the sensible route by not thinking I have the same rights to the road.....

It's like back in the day at school - you did not go up against the 5th years cos they were bigger and harder than you and you would get hurt

nowadays we are taught that nobody will ever be violent towards us and thus we stop respecting things which can kill us

:sigh:

Comment

Remember not every driver comes from a country where hitting people whether they are on foot, on a bike or in another vehicle is an offence you serve prison time for.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The problem yesterday was a nervous driver that was scared to pass, no matter how far into the hedgerow at the side of the road I squeezed myself. Behind her a queue of impatient motorists was forming. When she eventually did pass, several of the others whizzed past at breakneck speed as if to 'make a point'. One chose to augment his point with verbal abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Maths of random events indicates otherwise. You ujust got lucky.

At least you didn't get your arse slapped.
              who slapped yours then? we need to know. Did you pay a lot?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Had one muppet during yesterdays ride.

Country back lane, a dozen or so of us riding along 2 abreast and a car comes up behind us. Call goes up the line and everyone starts to organise themselves onto single file. This take a minute or so to organise with that many riders going at a reasonable clip.

Apparently we took too long and he came past at speed, beeping his horn, yelling out of the window and swerving towards us.

Half a mile up the road he got to the level crossing, where the barriers were down. They stayed down for a good 5 minutes after we caught up to him and advantage was taken to politely point out the error of his ways.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mine has an engine on it so I can keep up most of the time but being a 125 I still get the odd person who decides that 50 just isn't fast enough and screams past me at silly speeds (these are the times I'm hoping FOR a speed camera)

There is little scarier than having someone in a BMW speeding (in both senses of the word) as he flies past you. At least when I was on a mountain bike they slowed down a bit first!

Comment

One chose to augment his point with verbal abuse
                    Serves ya right! I was having a good day until I got stuck in that *** queue.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X