• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back in the saddle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the saddle

Well, I just made the jump back to Contracting after a few years working as a permie; it’s been a while so please be gentle if I sound a bit like a prat sometimes! I swear I will try and think before I type (but no promises)

Bit of background, before my most recent stint amongst the sausages in the sausage factory, I worked as a contractor for about a year down in London. Good times, much fun, silly mistakes being paid through a company I found on the internet but you live, you learn. Long and the short of it is that I haven’t had as much fun since I went permie so following my divorce I fancied a new start, found a contract over in Manchester and moved over a few weeks back... start next week

Compared to last time, I’m older, wiser (?), and far more aware of the guys out there selling snake oil so fingers crossed things will go a lot easier this time around and I won’t get letters from HMRC asking for tax 3 years down the line!

Anywho, since I’m back in the scene again, I thought it’d time to stop lurking and actively participate in the forums so... you know... hi!

Oh and if anyone knows a decent accountant in over here, please give me a heads up; I’m new to the area and could do with knowing one that’s clued up (no offence to the national firms but I prefer to do business face to face after what happened last time!)

Welcome squire and I wish you very good fortunes.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
    X