• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

American Fridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Fridge

So the kitchen extension is almost finished and the increased space means that I can finally get the missus to agree to an american fridge. Whose got one?. Are they really worth the extra £££? Also not sure about getting a water dispenser (or an ice dispenser as well), some are plumbed = more hassle installing it vs non plumbed = having to refill the fecking thing all of the time, suggestions pls!

Cheers K

When I lived in the US I had a proper one. Nothing to write home about. I am quite happy with a cheap B & Q job here.

Comment

Can someone tell me why sub zero fridges are 15 grand?

Comment

We have a Fisher & Paykel

the previous model to this :

E522BRXU4-ActiveSmart™ Fridge - Bottom Freezer with Ice & Water 469L

Kids love the plumbed in water fountain & ice maker.

wide enough to get your head in but without opposing doors to crush little skulls & fingers.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          So the kitchen extension is almost finished and the increased space means that I can finally get the missus to agree to an american fridge.
          Got room for one of these?

http://www.robeys.co.uk/product/meneghini_la_cambusa
          Last edited by greenlake; 4 August 2014, 17:05.

Comment

Samsung even do one with built-in SodaStream.....
            latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Got a samsung with water and ice - no need for water, but the ice is brilliant. But then, I like a drink
              World's Best Martini

Comment

One of these?

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                  So the kitchen extension is almost finished and the increased space means that I can finally get the missus to agree to an american fridge. Whose got one?. Are they really worth the extra £££? Also not sure about getting a water dispenser (or an ice dispenser as well), some are plumbed = more hassle installing it vs non plumbed = having to refill the fecking thing all of the time, suggestions pls!

Cheers K
                  Once you have an ice dispenser you will use it a lot, especially in summer, or for quickly cooling wine and beer bottles in a bucket. Just be sure to change the filter on time.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I got a Bosch one and have never looked back really, the ice and water dispenser are great.
                    Last edited by norrahe; 5 August 2014, 07:48.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X