• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to avoid a conviction for bribery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to avoid a conviction for bribery

Bribe the court ...

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone offers £60m settlement to end German bribery trial | Sport | theguardian.com

Simples!
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

tch

that's a settlement - perfectly legal.....

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Bribe the court ...
      I thought that when I heard it.

Bloody idiots throw him in the slammer for a couple of weeks.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I saw that on the BBC site.

I don't see how it's anything other than state sanctioned bribery allowing you to buy (bribe) your way out of the case. Ok it will sting a tiny bit, but compared to his fortune it's chicken feed.

The guy he bribed gets 8 years, he pays what to him is pocket change, justice?

Comment

$100m buys a lot of Lederhosen for the Bavarian people. Bernie in das Klinkenhaus for a few months doesn't really help anyone.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

"You'd be holding something in that hand, and this hand you'd forget about ..."

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

There are different laws for the rich.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                There are different laws for the rich.
                If this happened in England we all could have complained.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  $100m buys a lot of Lederhosen for the Bavarian people. Bernie in das Klinkenhaus for a few months doesn't really help anyone.
                  Logically then, all defendents should be offered a cash alternative to a trial?
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

"You'd be holding something in that hand, and this hand you'd forget about ..."

qh

Comment

Working...
                    X