• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toilets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilets

I'm quite surprised the house market is so buoyant despite these photos, but what is it with the placement of toilets in so many of them? Made me laugh....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Would AtW approve of the sofas?

Comment

Cited on CUK a year or two ago, but great to be reminded of it and see a fresh lot of horrors.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Comment

Mind you, photographic incompetence can be a big help for buyers by detering the competition.

The place I bought has a pretty respectable sized garden, which is sunny all day until about 7pm. But photo of the garden on Zoopla managed to make it look tiny and worse still showed a huge shadow over most of it, with a narrow sunny strip at the side, in which a forlorn table and a couple of chairs were crammed.

Given the large size of the house, this must have convinced most potential buyers browsing properties on Zoopla that the garden was too small small and shaded. The muppet photographer must have timed the shot perfectly at about 8pm.

The sellers were pensioners, and not on the Internet. If that had been me, I'd have kicked up hell and had the garden photo replaced.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Years ago when renting the landlords decided they wanted to sell, so the estate agent was duly dispatched to take photos.

Said estate agent did not warn us when they were coming round so the photos included loads of washing up all over the kitchen (we'd had people over for dinner the night before) and the conservatory was full of laundry hanging up.

I don't think the estate agent was bothered about making the best of the house as they didn't even bother opening curtains to let light in to the rooms.

Needless to say the house never sold but that might have been down to the fact the landlord have overpriced the house and it needed work.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had to stop when I got to the monkey with shades. I was starting to get funny looks.

Comment

New tiling in the luxury bathroom;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  New tiling in the luxury bathroom;

Jeez, that's a bit full-on, isn't it

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Jeez, that's a bit full-on, isn't it
                    It goes without saying that this executive residence is linked to the gas network.

(sorry, that was really, really bad taste wasn't it)
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X