• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Likes are a bit irrevocable aren't they

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Likes are a bit irrevocable aren't they

Hasn't happened to me, touch wood, but suppose one started reading a post which seemed to make pretty good sense, prompting one to fire from the hip and click "Like" or "Thank" immediately.

But carrying on reading, one found the post ended with something like "Hitler was misunderstood and actually a pretty reasonable guy in the circumstances", or "I really see nothing wrong with paedophilia"!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Tap "Like" (or "Thanks" as appropriate) again and it undoes it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      (Well, only tap if you're using a touchscreen, or a suitably-configured touchpad. Otherwise, you'll have to click or something.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        WHS, plus take a second look at the bit which seemed to make sense and think about it again. It might still make sense, but it might not any more.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Hasn't happened to me, touch wood, but suppose one started reading a post which seemed to make pretty good sense, prompting one to fire from the hip and click "Like" or "Thank" immediately.
          Maybe thats why Admin put those buttons at the bottom of the post, so one could read all of it before deciding what action to take?

I suppose adding a giant 'neg rep' button to the top of MF's posts might be a useful enhancement to the process though.

Comment

But it doesn't actually remove the like - it still shows that x liked the post. In fact you can re-like the same post as many times as you want, and each adds one to the person's like count.

Edit - as demonstrated on the above posts - check your like stats.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 6 August 2014, 07:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              But it doesn't actually remove the like - it still shows that x liked the post. In fact you can re-like the same post as many times as you want, and each adds one to the person's like count.

Edit - as demonstrated on the above posts - check your like stats.
              The number of likes (in the backend) is actually updated correctly, it's just the bit that displays them that is wrong. If you remove a like and then refresh, the count will be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                The number of likes (in the backend) is actually updated correctly, it's just the bit that displays them that is wrong. If you remove a like and then refresh, the count will be correct.
                But I think you still get the rep point and see it in your like history?

Just 'done' you - check and see.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  But I think you still get the rep point and see it in your like history?

Just 'done' you - check and see.
                  Nope, nothing there from you.

Edit: Just 'done' you a few times, have a look. Pretty sure it's just the front-end updating without checking the backend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Nope, nothing there from you.

Edit: Just 'done' you a few times, have a look. Pretty sure it's just the front-end updating without checking the backend.
                    Well there we are then.

Seems like all is good.

Admin, sort your javascript out.

Comment

Working...
                    X