• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Boxster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a Boxster?

Worth it? Issues?
    I think the shape since 2012 is beautiful.

I agree it's not a bad looking car but it's still a poor man's Porsche and all fur coat and no knickers.

Get a 370Z with a V6 engine or a second hand AMG SLK 55 (or even SL) instead IMO.

Either that or let your wife buy the Boxter so at least you can say it's hers when your mates see you in it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have a 2010 Cayman S and it's awesome !

Comment

I have had one for 7 years.

It's a fantastic car - reliable, quick and well-built. I can fit my Golf Clubs in the rear boot in a full-size cart bag, plus all our holiday luggage in the front boot (or a folded up electric trolley).

I have looked at 911 alternatives and they don't work for me, since 2 mini-rear seats and no golf clubs is a no-no compromise.

Drive a 370Z and a Boxster and see which you prefer?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Ones a Nissan, the other is a Porsche. Say no more lol

Comment

Isn't the only reason you buy a Boxster is that you can't afford a proper Porsche?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Isn't the only reason you buy a Boxster is that you can't afford a proper Porsche?
              Can we get a cliché alert smiley?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, but I wonder whether anyone here who has owned a Porsche or similar sports car, can tell me, from personal experience, whether it helps picking up girls?

I'm thinking of buying one for this reason, but am unsure whether it would be sufficiently effective in this respect?

OK I'll fess up - a mate of mine thinks I should buy one for this reason, as he wants to see me get some nookie

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, but I wonder whether anyone here who has owned a Porsche or similar sports car, can tell me, from personal experience, whether it helps picking up girls?

I'm thinking of buying one for this reason, but am unsure whether it would be sufficiently effective in this respect?

OK I'll fess up - a mate of mine thinks I should buy one for this reason, as he wants to see me get some nookie
                  I've met you, it won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I think a 'proper' one would be too much car for me, even if I could afford it.

Comment

Working...
                    X