• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest time you have gone without invoicing.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest time you have gone without invoicing.

A guy left ClientCo last Friday, due to the recent rate cut, and left them with an invoice for 7 months!!!!!! WTF

Considering his role in quite a niche piece of software I reckon that it was somewhere in the £100k region + VAT.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Jeez - surely that's increasing his risk massively.

Comment

Jeeez I get edgy when I bill anything other than weekly
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Has he been putting his timesheets in on time (and getting them signed off)? If not and client co are cutting costs this could get messy...

Comment

£100k isn't a huge amount for them though. When I was there, the department manager used to sit with me in a meeting and say "What's your rate again? Ok, 5 times that, times 26. Right, I'll get another purchase order for 6 months signed off.", so they've probably got the cash earmarked for him.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Jeez - surely that's increasing his risk massively.
            WHS - The guy must have been potty, or very lazy and disorganised not to invoice more regularly.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's suprising how many people are this tardy. One contract recently the program manager had been whining for weeks that he hadn't had an invoice paid for 4 months.

Turns out he had changed agents part way through the contract and still 4 months later had not provided his vat no, cert of inc and bank details

How do these people get to manage budgets???

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                A guy left ClientCo last Friday, due to the recent rate cut, and left them with an invoice for 7 months!!!!!! WTF

Considering his role in quite a niche piece of software I reckon that it was somewhere in the £100k region + VAT.
                7 months! What an idiot.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Longest I did was two months. I just overlooked it. It was only for four days work though.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you were of a devious sort the clientco could pay him in £1 coins.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X