• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend thread

I'm sure some people are doing nice stuff, so tell us about it.

This weekend I will mostly be....

So what are the general populous up to?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

KUATB

Comment

replacing the integrated dishwasher that has stopped working.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TFA!

Tonight I am doing very little. Pack the car, tidy the house etc.

Saturday:
          Popping down to Raglan castle in Wales for a melee. Will be fighting my way though the gatehouse, courtyard, bridge, kitchens etc.

Am thinking of giving my 9' spear a try out and seeing what carnage I can cause with it - face shots are legal in this system so spears are pretty menacing.

Sunday:
          Taking kids to the beach, nursing bruises from the castle battle. Maybe watch a film in the evening with Mrs MUN.

You?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Since both posts were at 9:10, I decided to merge them. I will be mostly continuing to develop a Java application - probably the component input/output of xml data. Otherwise, swimming and sleeping. Or if my wife gets her way, slimming and sweeping.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cheers, have a good one everyone....

Last couple of weekends I have been doing NADA but not so this weekend...

Today - drive down to Essen and pop into New Life Shark Records, they do a nice line in portable record players and before buying one I want to get a feel for it (plus they do some other quite cool stuff.) Evening will probably be a Mongolian BBQ at Mongos if not too busy otherwise just a pizza and beer in the sun

Saturday - shopping then off to Jahnstadion in Bottrop (which has a suburb called Bottrop Boy which always cause a small titter) to watch FC Schalke II vs Viktoria Köln (4th division football, the best as the beer is cheap, the wurst are good and the atmosphere is jolly) followed by an evening at the Panic Room to see original Californian West Coast punks The Dickies (support band for The Adolescents)

Sunday - back home with a quick detour into Köln and then relax in the sun

Monday - pick up 431bhp of precision German engineering as my new toy and back to work (well, probably rather late so I'll just go in on Tuesday instead)

Should be a lively one

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Off to Copenhagen for the weekend with Mr N, planning some culinary adventures, unfortunately none of them at Noma but found the next best things - here and here and hitting some cocktail bars
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Tonight spending it with the kids, may get a takeaway
                  Tomorrow BBQ & Challenge Cup Semi Finals
                  Sunday Packing the car for Spain
                  Monday Repacking the car for Spain
                  Tuesday Foxtrot Oscer to Spain for three weeks
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

TVMFA!

Drive to London this afternoon.
                    Tonight: Beer and food with friends
                    Saturday: Prudential RideLondon | Home
                    Sunday: BBQ and watching the London Classic that goes past the end of the road we are staying on.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X