• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Word-game recommendations that let iPad play against W8 PC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word-game recommendations that let iPad play against W8 PC?

Mum's just got herself a Windows 8.1 2-in-1 touch-screen laptop (the screen detaches as a tablet). She's not too computer savvy but is finding the touchiness quite intuitive.

She's quite metally active and likes word games in the papers so I wondered about some word-games she could get on the computer, as a way to make it more accessible to her and demonstrate it has use to her beyond doing her banking.

Since she's on W8 she has the Windows App Store which is probably for the best. But I don't. Can anyone recommend fun word games which would let her play against me when I am on my iPad and/or Windows phone? So far I assume Ruzzle will be an option, and the turn based play seems ideal. Surely there is a proper Scrabble game too, we used to play quite a lot when we lived together.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Wordament
    Words with friends

Comment

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvkzHt8qQvw

enjoy it boys you may have peaked!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X