• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poke in the eye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poke in the eye

Got a twig right in the eye yesterday doing the gardening. Sitting here with sunglasses on with the curtains drawn.

I would turn to drink but there is no way I could make it to the pub. I do have a bottle of meths somewhere...

But it hasn't prevented you from browsing the forum?

Comment

Or browsing pron.

Comment

Have you been to the hospital with it? I did something similar a couple of years ago and had to do the same as you for days before they stopped streaming. I went to the hospital and it appears I have detached the top later of skin or something from by eyeball which never recovers so when my eyes are tired and dry it starts to sting a bit even now.

I would deffo say go have it checked out.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I believe you can order booze to be delivered to your house.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Have you been to the hospital with it? I did something similar a couple of years ago and had to do the same as you for days before they stopped streaming. I went to the hospital and it appears I have detached the top later of skin or something from by eyeball which never recovers so when my eyes are tired and dry it starts to sting a bit even now.

I would deffo say go have it checked out.
            The main pain seems to be at the top of the eyeball.

The wife has been telling me to go to the hospital, they will at least give me eye drops with pain relief drugs in them I am told. She examined my eye with one of those torchy eye magnifying things and says I have a scratched cornea but there is pain behind the eye.

Comment

Best thing for it is a suicide Tequila IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6iEKVLzWY
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The main pain seems to be at the top of the eyeball.

The wife has been telling me to go to the hospital, they will at least give me eye drops with pain relief drugs in them I am told. She examined my eye with one of those torchy eye magnifying things and says I have a scratched cornea but there is pain behind the eye.
                Well then do so, or quit moaning.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Well then do so, or quit moaning.
                  And go now before all the drunks turn up.

At least it isn't sports injury season yet.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    And go now before all the drunks turn up.
                    This is Glasgow...

Comment

Working...
                    X