• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know who you are.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know who you are.

Lonely Britain: five million people who have no real friends - Telegraph

Why do you think we are here?

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
      WHS.

Comment

The stimulating, witty debate?

Its not for the pies as MF ate them all.

Comment

+1 - In 10 years in the workplace I've got on with most people, but I've acquired a group of about 5 people from one particular workplace who I see every few months. Other than that, nothing apart from maybe being on Facebook.

Actually, I was invited to a BBQ by my last place a month ago, but that was the first non-work social thing they've done since I started there 3 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            +1 - In 10 years in the workplace I've got on with most people, but I've acquired a group of about 5 people from one particular workplace who I see every few months. Other than that, nothing apart from maybe being on Facebook.

Actually, I was invited to a BBQ by my last place a month ago, but that was the first non-work social thing they've done since I started there 3 years ago!
            If you go to the BBQ it will afect your IR35 status.

Well that's my excuse for being Billy No-Mates.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If you go to the BBQ it will afect your IR35 status.

Well that's my excuse for being Billy No-Mates.
              I know you're being tongue in cheek, but I actually meant my last permie workplace - hence why I didn't really feel like I was going to miss out on the social element by contracting.

Actually, funnily enough, I've gone out to lunch with people (I.e, PM's, other contractors) way way more in the contracting world than I ever did in permie land.

Comment

Working...
              X