• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS could net £655m from sale of international arm of Coutts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS could net £655m from sale of international arm of Coutts

"Royal Bank of Scotland has confirmed it is considering selling the international arm of its private bank Coutts, a deal one source said could net it as much as $1bn, as the government leans on it to focus more on domestic lending"

RBS could net £655m from sale of international arm of Coutts | Business | The Guardian

If the government wants more domestic lending, why not expand help to buy?

As for business lending, forget it. I was looking to buy a hotel in North Wales. Effectively a large house. To buy a house you pay 5% mortgage - get 90% deposit. As a hotel, its 10% mortgage, 40% deposit plus business plan.

There needs to be same interest rate between business and personal lending.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      To buy a house you pay 5% mortgage - get 90% deposit.
      If you have to put down 90% deposit, plus 5% mortgage, that's not a good deal to me. Also, where does the extra 5% come from?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If you have to put down 90% deposit, plus 5% mortgage, that's not a good deal to me. Also, where does the extra 5% come from?
        Its 5% interest rate on mortgage 10% deposit.

versus 10% interest rate on loan with 40% deposit...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X