• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Controlling a cat is harder than controlling a CUK poster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling a cat is harder than controlling a CUK poster

BBC News - Cats killing billions of animals in the US

-------
    Pet cats are still killing significant numbers of animals, and that their owners should do more to limit the impact.

Dr Marra said: "We hope that the large amount of wildlife mortality indicated by our research convinces some cat owners to keep their cats indoors and that it alerts policymakers, wildlife managers and scientists to the large magnitude of wildlife mortality caused by cat predation."

A spokeswoman for the animal welfare charity the RSPCA said that a properly fitted collar and bell could reduce a cat's success when hunting by at least a third.
    -------

Keep a cat indoors? Thats cruel for most cats. They are outdoor animals.

We tried a collar and bell - they soon pull the thing off.

We have 4 cats. One is basically an indoor cat. Two go outdoors a reasonable amount. One is a voracious killer in his prime. I suppose that spread is probably typical of most cats.

What about all the insects that birds kill? What's the Government going to do about that huh?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Well keepered land rarely has a problem with cats.
      A well placed .243 Winchester factory load soon sorts them out.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          My Dog, cat gifs, FFJ discussion and shampoo advice, all we need is a bedside beaker and I'll be sure I'm on Mumsnet.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
            Cats are considered wild animals under the law. You're not allowed to shoot them like you are dogs. Frankly, if the local wildlife can't compete with moggies, then they'll just have to consider themselves out-evolved and go extinct with dignity.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am an ebola virus, and I demand my right to life

a virus
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I am an ebola virus, and I demand my right to life

a virus
                Thats okay. Just stay in Africa.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Cats are considered wild animals under the law. You're not allowed to shoot them like you are dogs. Frankly, if the local wildlife can't compete with moggies, then they'll just have to consider themselves out-evolved and go extinct with dignity.
                  You can run cats over like wildlife.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Nonsense, an animal needs either a specific order making it illegal to shoot them, like swans have, or a shooting season to make it illegal to shoot at certain times. Cats have as much protection in law as rabbits.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                    X