• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the highest rate you have ever seen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the highest rate you have ever seen?

I'm a bit bored at work so I'm checking jobserve for contracts with ridicolous rates.

I'm new to contracting so I know money is better, but I wasn't expecting some of the numbers I am seeing. So far the highest I've come across is for a PM contract in London at £1400 a day.

What's the highest rate you have seen on job boards?

Originally posted by MattZani View Post
    I'm a bit bored at work so I'm checking jobserve for contracts with ridicolous rates.

I'm new to contracting so I know money is better, but I wasn't expecting some of the numbers I am seeing. So far the highest I've come across is for a PM contract in London at £1400 a day.

What's the highest rate you have seen on job boards?
    You mean the highest one that probably wasn't a fictitious role?

Comment

both.

the absolute highest and the highest for a role you believed was "genuine"

Comment

I knew someone on £1300 a day c 2006 and was on it for years. I myself quoted £4500 a half day (Sat) to fix a particular secret problem for a secret place when I was secret cleared, client desperate - got that accepted but they fixed it themselves before anything legal could happen.

I was on, for a few minutes at least;

£9k a day...
        £45k a week....
        £2.3m a year...

Years ago on Freelance Informer they tried to find the highest paid contractor they knew - this would be mid-90's, the winner was some guy doing some obscure software think in then Soviet-sphered Poland for £13k a week I think.

I was more interested in the 'who's got the oldest fruit in their drawer' contest, I had a two year old orange, or the famous Pringle eating contest, I managed 15, rules were no water, spluttering out, no use of hands. Salt and vinegar the worst. My mate got 32 in his mouth but it was impossible to crunch them so he epically failed. Still impressive even getting them in there though....

Dr Allan Dutch, wadda guy.....

Comment

both.

the absolute highest and the highest for a role you believed was "genuine"
          Highest nominally or adjusted for inflation?

Comment

as you wish

Comment

If you read the papers, you'll know there are some Gov't consultants on 1-2k day rates. Most of the roles w/ highest rates aren't going to be advertised though, because they are niche areas with a small group of well-known individuals. Some of the best rates are through fixed-price work, where it's not that difficult to achieve 1k+ per day, effectively, but they're generally small pieces of work, a couple of weeks or so, and they're often based on tendering, which can be time consuming.

Comment

I saw a role that was paying 1 gazillion bazillion GBP per day.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

£130 ph "I just need 2 references"

Comment

as you wish
                    Claudius I paid the praetorian guard 3750 denarii each on his accession, which isn't bad for a day's work.

Comment

Working...
                    X