• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need two references - decorator refuses job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just need two references - decorator refuses job

Had contacted this decorator to give me a quote to paint my house.
    Had already one reference as he was recommended by an acquaintance, but when I googled him, I could find nothing whatsoever about this decorator the internet, so I asked him for a second reference. As a result he withdrew his quote.
    My feeling must have been right, he's dodgy

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Had already one reference as he was recommended by an acquaintance, but when I googled him, I could find nothing whatsoever about this decorator the internet, so I asked him for a second reference. As a result he withdrew his quote.
    Do you run a decorator recruitment agency by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Do you run a decorator recruitment agency by any chance?
      I had to think about the two references sticky when I asked him for a second reference

Comment

Or he has enough work on offer he judges you to be an awkward client and has decided you're not worth the hassle.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I had to think about the two references sticky when I asked him for a second reference
          Was it an unemployed Welsh IT contractor doing a bit of cash-in-hand on the side? He probably didn't like too many questions being asked.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Or he has enough work on offer he judges you to be an awkward client and has decided you're not worth the hassle.
            No he could start in two weeks, other decorators I had contacted could start in October one even said I had to wait till April.

Comment

Why accept their reference? Ask round your friends until someone recommends a decorator?

Oh I forgot. You post on CUK. So Billy No Mates. Carry on....

Comment

No he could start in two weeks, other decorators I had contacted could start in October one even said I had to wait till April.
                well there is your answer why is he not busy?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Why accept their reference? Ask round your friends until someone recommends a decorator?

Oh I forgot. You post on CUK. So Billy No Mates. Carry on....
                  Posts 73,701

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Posts 73,701
                    Ouch
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X