• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New sperm bank in Birmingham?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sperm bank in Birmingham?

BBC News - Why choose Birmingham for a sperm bank?

Can't they just harvest AtW's sofa?

Of course, if they had not to decided to change the rules on anonymity this would never have happened.
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 14 August 2014, 06:18.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Why choose Birmingham for a sperm bank?

Can't they just harvest AtW's sofa?

Of course, if they had not to decided to change the rules on anonymity this would never have happened.
    Harvest AtW's sofa and there'll be a wide range of anonymous donors.

Comment

Laura Witjens, NGDT chief executive

Not bad!!

I'm sure I've seen some internet videos of her (or someone like her) collecting sperm but iirc it was across her face, not in a test tube

Comment

well if they weren't 'spermist'

She said patients from south Asian backgrounds were more particular about the kind of sperm donor they would accept and often wanted donors from the same ethnic, religious and educational backgrounds. She said some had chosen to remain childless until the exact match was found.
        If they were white being 'particular' I wonder if that the sentence would be different?

Agree they should have retained the anonymity.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          well if they weren't 'spermist'

If they were white being 'particular' I wonder if that the sentence would be different?

Agree they should have retained the anonymity.
          I think there may be a bit more complexity to this. If you consider a culture where marriages are traditionally arranged to ensure a match between religion, ethnic sub-group (e.g. within India), caste, economic and educational status, this approach is consistent with the approach to marriage, as bonkers as the whole thing may appear in my humble Western liberal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I think there may be a bit more complexity to this. If you consider a culture where marriages are traditionally arranged to ensure a match between religion, ethnic sub-group (e.g. within India), caste, economic and educational status, this approach is consistent with the approach to marriage, as bonkers as the whole thing may appear in my humble Western liberal opinion.
            If they want to live in Britain then abide by the British rules. I wouldn't go to Saudi and tell them how to live.

Of course perhaps we should accept other cultures. Lets legalize FGM and not report ebola to the doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
              Laura Witjens, NGDT chief executive

Not bad!!

I'm sure I've seen some internet videos of her (or someone like her) collecting sperm but iirc it was across her face, not in a test tube

<barges MTT out of the way>

She can collect my tadpoles ina test tube or any way she wants. I would swim across a shark infested ocean with bits of meat tied to my nads for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

<barges MTT out of the way>

She can collect my tadpoles ina test tube or any way she wants. I would swim across a shark infested ocean with bits of meat tied to my nads for that.
                lust at first sight, how romantic!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  We outgrew arranged marriages a century or two ago. It was very common then.

We also learnt 50 years ago to not discriminate based on religion, ethnic sub-group (e.g. within India), caste.

I think its time for other cultures to come into the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    We outgrew arranged marriages a century or two ago. It was very common then.

We also learnt 50 years ago to not discriminate based on religion, ethnic sub-group (e.g. within India), caste.

I think its time for other cultures to come into the 21st century.
                    Broadly I agree, but I guess we also learnt to dump our elderly parents in old people's homes. The Asian family across the road have built a large annex to their house and the elderly dad has moved in. Bloody savages.

Comment

Working...
                    X