• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two years' free Sky broadband - What's the catch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years' free Sky broadband - What's the catch?

I gather Sky throw in two years' free broadband when one signs up for their TV package.

What's the catch? Diabolical service? Limited Internet access through a router they insist one uses?

Or is it being tied in with them for longer than two years, with a huge bill due in two years' time?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

DOH! I just tried searching for this on Google, and besides Sky's own pages my previous post is the only result!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The obvious catch is you've got to pay through the nose for a load of shit: telly. About 20 God channels.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

All I can find is these:

OFCOM- Latest customer service satisfaction

More Sky cancellation complaints flood in

Which indicate you get a good service but you won't be able to cancel.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Isn't the deal just for free 'Sky Broadband' not free 'Sky Fibre'? i.e. ADSL not VSDL?

Comment

I think SKY are getting absolutely hammered by BT at the moment and will be for the foreseeable future due to BT buying all the football and giving it away free.

They really have no option but to offer stuff for seriously knock down prices.

Comment

We've got sky mainly because kal junior wanted the Family pack for the kids channels but I've kept my broadband with Virgin, never had a problem with it and you know what they say, if it ain't broke...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                The obvious catch is you've got to pay through the nose for a load of tulip telly. About 20 God channels.
                You'll probably find the God channels are free.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I think SKY are getting absolutely hammered by BT at the moment and will be for the foreseeable future due to BT buying all the football and giving it away free.

They really have no option but to offer stuff for seriously knock down prices.

poor old sky
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think you have to get sky sports to get that.

They are losing all the champions league games as of next season so a lot of people will be ditching sky sports next year so that is the catch.

Comment

Working...
                    X