• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new phone beckons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new phone beckons

After dropping it once too often my iPhone 4 is limping to oblivion.

So I'll wait until the iPhone 4 appears and get a good deal on a 5S. (I was shocked that an iPad was only a bit more expensive than the phone I had to replace when my 3 got stolen.)

Or I might shrug the fanboi off and get a Samsung (but probably not).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    After dropping it once too often my iPhone 4 is limping to oblivion.

So I'll wait until the iPhone 6 appears and get a good deal on a 5S. (I was shocked that an iPad was only a bit more expensive than the phone I had to replace when my 3 got stolen.)

Or I might shrug the fanboi off and get a Samsung (but probably not).
    Samsung's are good phones but the battery life is shockingly bad...dont think anything has come close the the iphone battery life so far that I have seen under heavy use...
    Join IPSE

Comment

I have a Motorola Moto G. It was ~£150 to buy and I now pay about a tenner a month for a sim only contract with more minutes and data than I'll ever use.

For what it costs it's a great phone, would definitely recommend.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Thanks chaps - I need to look around. The only one I won't be buying is an iPhone 6 (ta Alias...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Nexus 6 is meant to be out soon and looks good. As a result, you might be able to get a Nexus 5 cheaper.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Nexus 6 is meant to be out soon and looks good. As a result, you might be able to get a Nexus 5 cheaper.
            You can pick up a Nexus 5 for around £200 - £250 at the moment, but yes, will probably drop a little more in price soon...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              You can pick up a Nexus 5 for around £200 - £250 at the moment, but yes, will probably drop a little more in price soon...
              I love my N5. Although for "bang for your buck" (), the Nexus 4 was tops.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

MOTO G is great

Designed when Google owned Motorola, and lots of good design due to that

Buy one outright, and get a SIM only deal, and it can work out very economical

Comment

Does anyone produce decent phones with real keyboards these days?

I am a died in the wool blackberry luddite, but current unit has given up on battery life (had it a year and it was a hand me down then so not shedding any tears), I am thinking of getting a Q5 (poor man's Q10) or even sourcing an older v7 unit (I like the track-pad) but will happily listen to recommendations of other cukkers with fat fingers that don't work on touch screens...

Comment

I'll be going for the oneplus one phone at £229 to buy when my current phone contract finishes.

Comment

Working...
                    X