• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saludos desde España mis amigos!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

44 hour road trip from Yorkshire to the South of Spain, arrived early early yesterday, bit of swimming in the afternoon and into the village last night to reintroduce the kids to Spanish life, bit more organised today and into town to get a few bits and bobs as the clothes they had over here they have grown out of (really should stop feeding them). Slightly disappointing as its only 33 degrees here at the moment, but its a bit over cast so hoping to get some colour on me and the kids, at the moment Miss Mac is a nice mahogany colour already, at the other end of the scale Niece Mac is still Albino white even though she has been here nearly two weeks!

House still need some work doing on it, we are replacing the roof in the kitchen at the moment, from polyurethane to a tiled one, will miss the light we will lose but we are gonna take the garage back and put in a big window, WiFi was set up last time we were here but this was the first time I got the laptop out (needed to check that agency had paid MyCo, I am after all a contractor at heart). Fiesta in the village tonight, and then down to the coast tomorrow to see how Suity Brits on Tour do things, before coming back to the safety of the mountains.

The views not too bad either

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    44 hour road trip from Yorkshire to the South of Spain, arrived early early yesterday, bit of swimming in the afternoon and into the village last night to reintroduce the kids to Spanish life, bit more organised today and into town to get a few bits and bobs as the clothes they had over here they have grown out of (really should stop feeding them). Slightly disappointing as its only 33 degrees here at the moment, but its a bit over cast so hoping to get some colour on me and the kids, at the moment Miss Mac is a nice mahogany colour already, at the other end of the scale Niece Mac is still Albino white even though she has been here nearly two weeks!

House still need some work doing on it, we are replacing the roof in the kitchen at the moment, from polyurethane to a tiled one, will miss the light we will lose but we are gonna take the garage back and put in a big window, WiFi was set up last time we were here but this was the first time I got the laptop out (needed to check that agency had paid MyCo, I am after all a contractor at heart). Fiesta in the village tonight, and then down to the coast tomorrow to see how Suity Brits on Tour do things, before coming back to the safety of the mountains.

The views not too bad either

Shouldn't you be plonking the kids in front of the tv and drinking watneys red barrel?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Shouldn't you be plonking the kids in front of the tv and drinking watneys red barrel?
      Two out of three kids are watching Cbeebies, Miss Mac is still in bed sleeping off her bouncy castle addiction.

Lazy day today as had to take my brother to the airport early hours of this morning.

As for the Watneys Red Barrel no idea what that is, I'm thinking a 2006 Pomerol or a 2004 Saint-Émilion with lunch

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looks good, which part of Spain? How much did you pay for the house, if you don't mind me asking ? Any trouble getting internet?

Spotted a villa on ebay for less than 100k, needed work. Tempted as my Dad was talking about a joint venture.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Two out of three kids are watching Cbeebies, Miss Mac is still in bed sleeping off her bouncy castle addiction.

Lazy day today as had to take my brother to the airport early hours of this morning.

As for the Watneys Red Barrel no idea what that is, I'm thinking a 2006 Pomerol or a 2004 Saint-Émilion with lunch
          Watneys red barrel Monty Python
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Watneys red barrel Monty Python
            He's been on holiday with Suity then

Comment

Nice place, Bet its cheaper than a 1 Bed flat in London !

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                Nice place, Bet its cheaper than a 1 Bed flat in London !
                Was dirt cheap 13 years ago when we bought it before everyone at the coast flooded in land

Comment

Working...
                X