• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My latest bugbear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest bugbear

Checkout staff in shops that don't ring everything through.

This has happened a couple of times recently. The other day I bought some camping kit for the trip that I am currently not enjoying. Among the items I put in my basket was a first aid kit. When it came to packing, I searched high and low for it but it was nowhere. Then the missus suggested I check the receipt. Sure enough, it never got rung through.

Then today, I went into Paignton to get tonight's dinner. Sausages, some cooked chicken among other things. I got a cab up to the site, which is miles from the nearest shop, pitched the tent, chucked the shopping in there and went for a shower.

The mistake I made? I left the flap of the tent open and when I got back the seagulls were just finishing up the last of my sausages.

F'kin hell, I thought. I guess I'll have to make do with that tin of beans I bought. Looked in the bag - no tin of beans. Looked at the receipt - yep, you guessed it. They didn't ring it through

I've just walked 20 miles of the SW coast path with a 30lb pack on my back and I've had no dinner. Hope I don't fade away before breakfast time

glad i'm no that tent tonight
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      glad i'm no that tent tonight
      You what?

Comment

A grumpy old man moaning till midnight, think I'd top myself.

Just kidding.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A grumpy old man moaning till midnight, think I'd top myself.

Just kidding.
          People opposite are doing a rotisserie chicken over their BBQ. I don't think I can take any more!

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
            People opposite are doing a rotisserie chicken over their BBQ. I don't think I can take any more!
            go over and say hello

Comment

go over and say hello
              I look and smell like I've been dragged through a hedge.

Comment

go over and say hello

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                  Perhaps they'll be sympathetic. The shower not work?

Comment

go over and spit on it
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X