• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Witches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witches

Never in my entire life have I been somewhere as plagued by seagulls as Brixham.

Not only did they steal my supper (see other thread) but the hey didn't shut up all night and my tent was attacked at 5 am.

Can't the local council exercise some kind of pest control?
    My copy of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull's going in the bin when I get home.

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    Never in my entire life have I been somewhere as plagued by seagulls as Brixham.

Not only did they steal my supper (see other thread) but the hey didn't shut up all night and my tent was attacked at 5 am.

Real contractors don't live in tents, they sleep under a bridge once a year and pretend they have a conscience.

HTH

Comment

<Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilmsloooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooow>
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Hmmm.... inneresting.

we have a lot of seagulls round here, at least down the road at Lyme and Charmouth but they are nowhere near as aggressive and brazen as the ones I've encounnered in Devon and Cornwall. I've actually been attacked by seagulls in St Ives on one occasion. I was just walking across a supermarket car park with a bag of shopping when 2 of the blighters literally started tearing at the carrier bag to get at the connents.

My own theory is that (much as I love Devon and Cornwall) there is a higher proportion of scummy visitors who are less likely to take heed of the signs requesting that people do not feed the gulls whereas Lyme tends to attract a different class of visitor.

Comment

Working...
        X